Driven, confident, lively, & refreshing -
Full stack UX + Product Designer
with a cross-disciplinary background in CS & Design
Univ. of California, Berkeley
College of Letters & Science
B.A. Cognitive Science, Computer Science minor
2011 - 2015
I was fortunate to be able to study at UC Berkeley with a full scholarship from the university for the entire duration of my undergraduate studies. In the first 2 years of my undergrad, I took classes with the intent to major in CS however in the last 2 years, I switched over to majoring in CogSci and minoring in CS to gain a comprehensive background in all things tech & design. In May 2015, I graduated from Cal with a B.A. in Cognitive Science, and a minor in Computer Science.
Academy of Art University
School of Visual Development
M.A. Visual Development
1 graduate semester completed, 2015 - 2016
I attended the Academy of Art University in San Francisco briefly in Fall 2015 completing a semester towards an MA in Visual Development. While taking classes at AAU, I was also working full-time to cover some financial costs of the program. After a semester, I chose not to continue taking classes due to expenses but I learned a great deal on visual design aesthetics and how to make things pleasing to the eye.
UX Design Program
Cert. User Research & Experience Design
2017 - 2018
Springboard UX program covers topics such as user centered design, user research, content strategy with mentorship from industry professionals. This bootcamp allowed me to further gain a solid UX foundation while working on user surveys, interviews, wireframes, persona creation, empathy maps, prototypes, site maps, user flows, and more.
September 2019 - Present
- collaborate with PMs to create high fidelity mocks and prototypes to demo for customers at global summits.
- major overhaul of the existing Vault Help documentation website used both internally and externally by customers (100k visitors per month) including creating 5+ templates for the redesign of the homepage, article page, sitemap, resources, and categories page.
- own the Sketch starter kit, a living document of components and assets that is used daily by 60+ PMs on the Vault platform.
- collaborate with other designers to aid PMs on design docs and product demos.
San Francisco, CA
April 2019 - August 2019
- executing at every stage of the design lifecycle, from ideation to delivery.
- owning the full stack of user experience: information hierarchy, interaction design, visual design, copywriting, and iconography.
- conducting user research to incorporate into the next iterations of design in sprints.
- guiding design thinking within the company, from product to brand.
- designing mocks and wireframes to define interaction models, user flows, and design prototypes for handoff to engineering.
- partnering with engineers as they build and ship components, features, and screens.
- collaborating with client partners to develop elegant design solutions for product launch.
Junior UX UI Designer
San Francisco, CA
July 2018 - March 2019
- owned the end-to-end design from concept to execution for Themes app.
- fully redesigned the app for an improved user experience that aligned with business goals.
- created and delivered design specifications in the form of interaction maps, user flows, and animated prototypes to engineering.
- led UX research initiatives and evangelized design across the design team.
- developed 70+ theme wallpapers, icons, and color schemes in partnership with Fortnite, PUBG, Vainglory, Arena of Valor, Tekken, Sonic, and more.
UX UI Design Intern
April 2018 - June 2018
- designed full end-to-end interaction of a B2B iOS app across iPad & iPhone platform.
- utilized emerging technologies such as near-field communication (NFC) and biometric authentication for app design to produce a cutting-edge software solution.
- partnered with iOS Engineer intern to build out app in its initial stages.
- in addition, designed marketing collaterals to support the studio and its products as needed.
Product Analyst Intern
April 2018 - June 2018
- conducted data analytics on various metrics of game updates and its feature releases.
- produced weekly KPI presentation decks to deliver to game company clients.
- reported on game performance in user retention and acquisitions, FTUE funnel, feature engagement, conversions, gem sinks & sources, as well as revenue and sales.
- performed weekly data pulls from game analytic sites and utilized Tableau software for data visualization to incorporate in reports.